Friday, August 8, 2014

Maddie Kettle

          


Maddie Kettle
The Adventure of the Thimblewitch
-by Eric Orchard-




I downloaded this children's graphic novel from NetGalley.com 

This was honestly the most gorgeous graphic novel I have ever seen. I love anything whimsical and the style of illustration that the author, Eric Orchard did was magnificent. Eric Orchard is an award-winning Canadian Illustrator and Cartoonist and 'Maddy Kettle: The Adventure of the Thimblewitch is his debut graphic novel.

http://www.ericorchard.com/contact/

Now on to the review. This graphic novel is only 96 pages. I was sad when it ended I wanted more. The illustrations are what got me right off the bat. I saw the cover and thought 'YES I MUST READ THIS'. I was so excited when I clicked on the book cover and it said READ NOW! On NetGalley, this means you can download it immediately to your computer. I gushed about the illustrations now I'm going to gush about the font and size and the illustrations again. Everything is perfect. Easy to read for children. Nice big fat words. All the characters are loveable and fantastical because the characters are animals and they talk.

Maddie the main character lives with her mom and dad. They own a bookstore (the best job in the world) and one night while everyone slept, the Thimblewitch came into their home and transformed Maddie's parents into rats. This is an adventure tale. Maddie must go on a quest to help her parents. She meets some amazing characters along the way and finds out, that there has been a big misunderstanding. 

Such a great book that I will definitely read to my kids over and over. Not only for the cute story but just to stare and get lost in the drawings :)

                                            

            

No comments:

Post a Comment