Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Day 2

Bout of Books 11.0
-Day 2-



I finished two graphic novels on day 2 of Bout of Books. This is pretty depressing. I'm used to reading a lot more than I have been but ugh I'm in a slight reading slump. 

Saga: Vol 1 has been hyped up big time for the past few months. Everyone in the booktube worlds has read and reviewed these graphic novels. All anyone can say it this shit is amazing. So of course I had to request it from my library. I waited a good two months for this bad boy and it was definitely worth the wait.

Alana and Marko are from two different species/factions, called (the wings and the horns). They have been mercilessly fighting each other for generations. Like Romeo and Juliet it is unheard of to love, let alone marry the enemy and this is exactly what these to characters do. Oh yeah and they have a baby (Hazel). 

The whole story is about their escape from the planet Cleave and what happens next. I am so excited to get Vol 2. Definitely check this graphic novel out if you are old enough because this bad boy is M for mature and there are boobies in it ;)

This One Summer is a coming of age, teen graphic novel about two middle school girls at their summer vacation. Rose has been visiting Awago Beach since she was 5 years old and has been friends with Windy for just as long. Windy is the kid that stays in the cottage next door. The first half of the story is about the girls typical daily life and what little girls do and talk about, then they meet Dunc a 16-18 year old boy that works the local market. He and his buddies are pretty loud and rowdy and talk about "grown up" things like getting his girlfriend pregnant and that is when the story changes.

I gave this graphic novel a 3 because it was a bit depressing and I just didn't feel invested in the characters. If you like illustrations I would definitely check this graphic novel out for the pictures alone. The story like I said is just okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment